ACOTE On-Site Accreditation Visits
All third-party comments concerning accreditation qualifications for the programs scheduled for on-site may be submitted no later than 20 days prior to the program’s scheduled on-site evaluation addressed to: Director of Accreditation, AOTA, 6116 Executive Boulevard, Suite 200, North Bethesda, Maryland 20852-4929. The comment letter should be sent by e-mail attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Accreditation Visits Scheduled for Winter-Summer 2023
- Accreditation Visits Scheduled for Fall 2023
- Accreditation Visits Scheduled for Winter-Summer 2024
A request for ACOTE’s most recent on-site visit report for a specific occupational therapy or occupational therapy assistant program may be addressed to the Director of Accreditation, AOTA, and emailed to email@example.com.
Planning for the On-Site Evaluation
Below is information pertinent to program on-site visits as part of the reaccreditation or the initial accreditation process. For more information regarding on-site evaluation policies please review ACOTE IV.A.2. The Onsite Evaluation. For virtual on-sites, please review ACOTE IV.A.2.a The Virtual Onsite Evaluation
Planning for the Visit
- Procedures for On-Site Evaluation
- Sample On-Site Visit Schedule – OT Programs
- Sample On-Site Visit Schedule – OTA Programs
- ACOTE On-site Participants Template
- Hotel Information Form
Prior to the site visitor’s arrival, travel arrangements and the site visit agenda should be discussed and finalized with the Team chair.
Additional Materials to be Available On-Site:
The following materials should be available for the on-site team to review:
- Sample forms used in the student selection process.
- Student records.
- Course materials that include syllabi, assignment instructions, and assessment measures.
- Samples of student work.
- Fieldwork evaluation forms.
- Forms and reports used as part of program evaluation, such as student evaluations of courses, faculty evaluations, fieldwork performance evaluations, student satisfaction of fieldwork experience, student satisfaction with the program, etc.
- All signed memorandums of understanding and fieldwork information.