Below are some updates and reminders from ACOTE and the Accreditation Department.
2018 STANDARDS CLARIFICATIONS
Please ensure your website is current and accurate. Use the “Sample Program Webpage” under Resources / Forms and Templates on the ACOTE website and the 2018 ACOTE Standards to ensure compliance. ACOTE will be reviewing websites annually. During this review the most common issues include:
A.4.2. Publication of Program Outcomes:
- Total number of program graduates for three years is missing or does not include 2022 data.
- Graduation rates for three years are missing or do not include 2022 data.
- NBCOT link is missing from the program’s homepage.
A.4.3. Publication of ACOTE Information:
- Correct ACOTE details are not included on all materials.
- An active link to ACOTE’s webpage (www.acoteonline.org) is not on the program’s homepage or misdirects to an incorrect web address.
A.4.4. Published Policies and Procedures:
The cost of attendance is not located on the program’s homepage or does not include all components stated in the 2018 ACOTE Standards Interpretive Guide.
A.5.3. Program Length
ACOTE reviewed programs responses to this Standard in the Annual Report. If your program exceeds the program length requirement, you will be requested to:
- Provide a rationale for the additional length. If the rationale includes consideration of institutional or other regulatory requirements, provide the policy as part of the program’s response.
- Describe how and when the program will meet the requirements of the Standard.
The ACOTE Educational Standards Review Committee (ESRC)
The ESRC is working through all the comments received regarding Draft 1 of the Standards. You can find the presentation from the Standards Open Hearing at INSPIRE on the ACOTE website under “Standards”. You can provide feedback on the “General Comment Form” on the ACOTE website or to the Accreditation Department directly (firstname.lastname@example.org) regarding the ACOTE Standards at any time.
Conversation with ACOTE
ACOTE will be providing program directors, faculty, and other communities of interest an opportunity to have a conversation with ACOTE on June 15, 2023, at 8:00 pm Eastern Time. Please register to attend the session: https://acoteonline.org/event/conversation-with-acote-2/
The in-person and virtual Self-study workshop dates and registration information has been posted on the ACOTE website for 2023. The Self-Study Preparation Workshop is designed to meet the needs of program directors and faculty preparing for an upcoming self-study review and new program directors wanting to understand more about the accreditation process. Dates and registration information can be found here.
New Program Workshop
Thinking about starting an OT or OTA program? Or have you just started the process? This is the workshop for you. The Accreditation Department will be having a 1-day virtual workshop on July 12, 2023. This workshop will review all aspects of becoming accredited including what is needed and what will be asked of your program. Please check the Events & Workshops page of our website for more information and to register.
- Action letters are sent to programs within 6 weeks of a meeting. Please refrain from contacting the office inquiring about the outcome of ACOTE action during that timeframe
- Ensure your “FACULTY” tab in the eAccreditation portal is updated.
- Standard A.1.5. requires programs to Inform ACOTE within 30 days of the resignation of the program director or appointment of a new or interim program director.
- It is the responsibility of the program director to remain current with the most recent Standards Interpretive Guide and ACOTE® policies located on www.acoteonline.org. Updates to these documents are reported on the ACOTE® website after each ACOTE® meeting.
The ACOTE website (www.acoteonline.org) is a valuable resource for information. You can find information on program numbers, past ACOTE actions, past newsletters, frequently asked questions, forms, templates and much more.
The Accreditation Department is also a good resource. Please do not hesitate to contact the accreditation department at email@example.com if you have any questions or concerns.